Interpreters and Translators why not join us.

How to apply

Interpreters & translators

We welcome applications from highly qualified and experienced linguists. To apply for work as a freelance interpreter or translator, please follow the steps outlined below.

1)Download the application application form using the link below.

Linguist Application Form

The application form asks for details about your qualifications and experience, and includes an IT questionnaire for you to complete. The form also asks you to provide the following:

1) Name and address of two organisations that you have worked for as a linguist, and that are willing to provide us with a reference.

2) A photocopy of your passport

3) Your current DBS certificate (NOT a photocopy)

4) If you are a not a British national, evidence of your immigration status

5) One passport photograph

6) Copies of certificates for your professional and linguistic qualifications.

With the exception of the DBS certificate, we will accept photocopies of original documents – please do NOT send us original documents.

If you do not have a current DBS certificate, you can find out more details from the Disclosure and Barring Service.

3) If your application form is accepted, we will contact both of the organisations you have listed to ask for a reference. If both references are satisfactory, you will be sent a consultancy agreement, guidelines for working with us and our rates of pay. The consultancy agreement, which covers issues such as confidentiality, must be signed by you and counter-signed by a witness.

Due to increasing demand and a new NHS client in Hull and areas throughout the East Riding Of Yorkshire, we are currently recruiting freelance Face to Face and Telephone Interpreters.

Call us now to find out more. 0800 731 7878

Useful links

We are not responsible for the content of external websites.

The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting is a professional interpreting qualification for work with UK community languages.

National Register of Public Service Interpreters for the use of public service organisations.

Signature administers the National Registers for Communication Professionals working with Deaf and Deafblind people.

NRCPD administers professional registers for sign language interpreters, lipspeakers, speech to text reporters, LSPs – deafblind manual and notetakers.

The website of the Chartered Institute of Linguists.

The web site of the Disclosure and Barring Service